The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches Goes Virtual
The Mandel JCC Kicks Off Virtual Programming Initiatives at Boynton Beach & Palm Beach Gardens Locations for Members & Community in Light of COVID-19, Quarantine
PALM BEACH GARDENS, FL - MARCH 28, 2020 – The Mandel Jewish Community Center (JCC) of the Palm Beaches, an organization dedicated to building community and enhancing Jewish life, announced it has implemented new virtual programming for its members and the community at large in the wake of COVID-19 social distancing requirements. The virtual programming – available at www.JCConline.com/virtual – which has been implemented at both the Boynton Beach and Palm Beach Gardens locations, was created to stay connected with members and community. The programming features arts and culture events, fitness workouts, family tips and resources, a weekly virtual Shabbat service and more.
A full line-up of digital programs can be found at www.JCConline.com/virtual. Highlights include:
- Live family activities such as bingo, trivia, games, scavenger hunts, Passover programming and more.
- Interactive parent workshops to help parents learn how to work from home with kids, how to engage children and adults with special needs and more.
- Fitness workouts ranging from yoga, aquatics, Parkinson’s Foundation exercises, barre classes and more for home or outside.
- The Virtual Book Club from Mandel JCC Book Festival, which brings books and authors to members at home. Additionally, the Virtual Book Club offers live talks featuring award-winning authors, book gurus and more.
- Virtual Jewish Film Fest replaces Spring Film Fest so members can enjoy films from this year’s Donald M. Ephraim Palm Beach Jewish Film Festival at home.
Online resources are free and open to the community. Members are encouraged to interact digitally by posting comments, sharing photos and joining the conversation. In addition to community-wide engagements, staff are providing education, enrichment classes and even spring break digitally to members. For more information about this and other programs, visit www.JCConline.com/virtual or call 561-732-7620.
About the Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches
The mission of the Mandel JCC is to build community and enhance connection to Jewish life. The organization’s top priorities include: Connecting families to Jewish life; Healthy living; High-quality Jewish cultural arts; Connecting people to Israel; and Reaching out to the broader community. The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beach Beaches has two locations: Palm Beach Gardens and Boynton Beach. Learn more by visiting JCConline.com.