Health & Safety at the Mandel JCC
As we continue to see significant decline in the number of positive COVID cases in the community, we are able to adjust our protocols. We are still requiring all participants age 18 and older to show a negative PCR test or proof of being fully vaccinated, including booster if eligible before participating in programs at the Mandel JCC. Masks will be required for indoor events with more than 50 people and for bridge programs, and optional for all other fully vaccinated participants.
- Any special conditions or policy changes for upcoming events including face coverings, proof of vaccinations or COVID-19 test requirements, will be sent directly to participants and updated regularly on the JCC website, JCConline.com.
- Participants are responsible for communicating the testing requirements to all members of their party or anyone to whom they have purchased tickets for.
- If, within 14 days prior to your visit to the Mandel JCC, you and/or members of your party have been in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 or are experiencing flu-like symptoms, we ask that you please stay home.
There is always a risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place where people are present. The Mandel JCC realizes that it cannot eliminate all risk but is committed to minimizing the risk to those coming to our facilities. Our efforts, however, do not replace important practices to keep yourself well, including vigilant hand hygiene and staying home when symptomatic.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the proper documentation of a negative COVID-19 test result?
The documentation of a negative test must meet these three (3) requirements:
- The test result must be a PCR COVID-19 test (sometimes referred to as a molecular test) conducted by a laboratory. At-home tests and rapid tests are not accepted.
- The PCR test result must be negative and from a test conducted no more than 72 hours prior to the scheduled program date.
- The test result can be printed or digital (including an email or text message from the test provider displayed on a phone or electronic device), and must clearly reflect the name of the guest, the date of the test, the type of test performed, and the negative test result.
What if I am fully vaccinated against COVID-19?
Fully vaccinated guests have the option of providing documentation of that status instead of providing documentation of a negative COVID-19 test result. Acceptable documentation may be the original vaccination card, a printed copy of the vaccination card, or a digital copy of such card. Proof of full vaccination means that the last vaccination dose has been administered at least 14 days prior, and if the dose is from a two-dose vaccination series, full vaccination status is not met until 14 days after the second dose.
What does fully vaccinated mean?
Yes. Fully vaccinated means that you have received your second shot within the last 6 months or you have received your booster shot if it has been more than 6 months since your second COVID-19 shot.
Will the Mandel JCC be making copies or records of any documentation?
Yes. Our staff will review and may take a picture of the documentation you provide so that we can keep record of it so you don’t have to show it again when you come back for another program.
How are you verifying that documentation is valid?
We believe that most people are honest. Our staff will be trained to recognize valid documentation, which is one of several layers of health and safety protocols being implemented. Matching photo ID will be required.
I am ineligible to be vaccinated or have chosen not to be vaccinated. Am I able to attend a program at the Mandel JCC?
Yes. There are many reasons why our guests may be unvaccinated and nothing in this policy requires any guest to provide documentation of vaccination. Fully vaccinated guests have the option but not the obligation to furnish documentation of vaccination status instead of providing verification of a recent negative COVID-19 test.
What if I forget my proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test at home? Will I still be able to get in to the program?
Currently, no one 18 will be allowed to enter the Mandel JCC without proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test. To prevent this issue, we suggest you email one of these documents to your program contact in advance so you don’t have to remember to bring the documents with you.
Are you still requiring me to wear a mask if the program is outside?
If an event/program is outside, participants 18 and older will have to wear a mask anytime they are in the building walking to the outside event or using the inside restroom.