Dear Mandel JCC Community,
Above all else, we hope this email finds you and your family safe and healthy. As each day brings with it new developments to process, your support of our staff and your patience as we maneuver our way through this unchartered territory is deeply appreciated. At the recommendation of the CDC and Public Health experts we have made the difficult decision to remain closed until the very first minute public officials tell us it is safe to reopen.
We are now focusing on building community outside the walls of our Mandel JCC buildings. Staff at all levels are engaged daily in offering high quality programming virtually and we are getting great feedback. We are pleased that so many of you find these virtual resources meaningful and if you haven't seen it, please check it out at here.
Keep in touch with us virtually
We will also be sending out emails to our database so if you aren't signed up to receive communication from us please do so now so you don't miss any future info:
Palm Beach Gardens: Click here
Boynton Beach: Click here
We have received a number of emails with feedback and questions related to tuition, program fees, and more. We are trying our best to balance the financial challenges your family may be experiencing with paying our staff to build virtual community now and be ready to serve you when we reopen.
With the support of the Mandel JCC Board of Directors, we have made the following adjustments to our policies:
- All monthly installment payments are suspended until further notice. We will not be drafting any credit cards for Early Childhood, After School or any other ongoing Programming.
- Fees collected for programs which did not start, and are not offered virtually, will be available as credit on your account or can be converted to be a tax deductible contribution.
- All current memberships are frozen as of March 23, 2020. Status changes will not be processed during the closure and we will not automatically charge for membership until we are open.
- We are still planning to start Summer Camp on June 1 and encourage you to continue registering. To give your family additional support and flexibility, we are doing the following:
- We will not automatically process the next installment payment planned for April 4. If you would like us to still process your payment, please contact the camp office.
- The deadline to reduce weeks without penalty will be extended to May 15.
- The date for final payment of Summer Camp will extended to May 21.
Our Board is meeting multiple times each week and will continue to evaluate best steps forward as more facts are known. This world pandemic is touching every family differently. During this period while we without revenue, if you are able to continue to support by donating any portion of your normal financial commitment, it will help significantly. It is our goal to continue to pay our staff as much as we can, as long as we can. We have established a Staff & Service Sustainability Fund and tax-deductible contributions. Click here to Donate.
Thank you for your consideration, support and patience. You are all an important part of the Mandel JCC family and we wish you all good health.